Workplayce is an innovative multi-dimensional company dedicated to helping parents in NYC work on their own terms. We are opening our first location in fall of 2022 on the Upper West Side - a family friendly co-working space with an early childhood education program (NYCDOHMH permit in progress). Workplayce is looking for a true early childhood leader to serve as our Founding Education Director. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and creative educator who is driven to positively impact the future of caring for children.
This is an incredible opportunity to build a program from the ground up. The Education Director will work closely with the CEO/Founder to make decisions around curriculum, professional development, parent engagement, policies and all elements of Workplayce culture.
At Workplayce we are committed to exceeding the expectations of the status quo and dedicated to operating an exceptionally high quality program for children and families. Our educational philosophy centers on children’s ability to construct learning from their own curiosity and interests. Borrowing from Reggio Emilia, Developmentally Appropriate Practice, and progressive pedagogical frameworks, we want to build an environment where children will grow and thrive.
- Understands and complies with NYC’s DOHMH Article 47 l and Workplayce Child Guidance Policies
- In partnership with CEO and teaching staff, plans and implements a consistent, high-quality child-centred program in accordance with Workplayce’s values. Planning and teaching should support and promote child growth across all domains of development.
- Coordination and implementation of a system for teacher observation, targeted professional development, and reflective supervision
- In partnership with teaching staff, assess the abilities, interests, and needs of all children and develop appropriate communication channels that meet the needs of parents and caregivers
- Work with the CEO and consultants to develop various types of communication with families including but not limited to daily child notes, weekly class blog, policy changes and special event announcements
- Assist teachers with their efforts to support children in the development of their self-help skills and independence
- Establish and invest in collaborative relationships with colleagues, families, and all members of the Workplayce community.
- Work in partnership to maintain cleanliness and organization of the child care program and the larger community space. It is expected that all Workplayce employees will follow the health and safety protocols and procedures to clean and sanitize all child care spaces, focusing on frequently touched surfaces, equipment, toys, and any other areas or items deemed necessary
- Demonstrates appropriate professional behaviors in line with our Mission, Vision and Values, as well as the NY State Core Body of Knowledge
Qualifications & Experience
- New York State Teacher Certification, and
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with young children under 6 years of age
- A passion for working with children
- Strong interpersonal skills to gain trust and respect of children and their families
- A team player attitude
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to work outdoors for at least 2 hours daily year-round; may be exposed to heat, humidity or cold
- Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Experience in planning and implementing programs.
- Current Criminal & Background checks
- Current First Aid and infant child CPR certification
- Current immunization and health assessment as per the local Department of Health Requirements
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Full time, competitive salary ($80-90,000)
- Comprehensive benefits package (phantom stock options, medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- Paid time off
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Last Date to apply: September 30, 2022 (11:59pm EST)
Start Date: November 1, 2022