Workplayce is an innovative multi-dimensional company dedicated to helping working parents in NYC work on their own terms. We are located on the Upper West Side- a family friendly co-working space with an early childhood education program (NYCDOHMH permit in progress). Workplayce is looking for passionate educators to join our team as Assistant Teachers. Our program will have a Twos class, a Threes class, and a mixed age class.
This is an incredible opportunity to work at a brand new program! The Assistant Teacher will be part of the first teaching team to teach in a brand new facility. Assistant Teachers will contribute to curriculum design and planning, build strong relationships with the children and fellow teachers in the day to day operations of Workplayce.
At Workplayce we are committed to exceeding the expectations of the status quo and dedicated to operating an exceptionally high quality program for children and families. Our educational philosophy centers on children’s ability to construct learning from their own curiosity and interests. Borrowing from Reggio Emilia, Developmentally Appropriate Practice, and progressive pedagogical frameworks, we want to build an environment where children will grow and thrive.
- Understands and complies with NYC’s DOHMH Article 47 and Workplayce Child Guidance Policies
- Under the guidance of Lead Teachers and Education Director, plans and implements a consistent, high-quality child-centred program in accordance with Workplayce’s values. Planning and teaching should support and promote child growth across all domains of development.
- Support Lead Teacher to observe and assess the abilities, interests, and needs of children
- Communicate with parents and caregivers across multiple channels- email, phone, in person, etc.
- Participate in regular meetings with teaching teams to discuss observation and assessment of children, engage in reflective supervision, and develop and execute individualized professional development plans
- Support children in the development of their self-help skills and independence
- Establish and invest in collaborative relationships with colleagues, families, and all members of the Workplayce community.
- Work in partnership to maintain cleanliness and organization of the child care program and the larger community space. It is expected that all Workplayce employees will follow the health and safety protocols and procedures to clean and sanitize all child care spaces, focusing on frequently touched surfaces, equipment, toys, and any other areas or items deemed necessary
- Demonstrates appropriate professional behaviors in line with our Mission, Vision and Values and aligned with the competencies of the NYS Core Body of Knowledge
Qualifications & Experience
- Associates degree or higher in Early Childhood Education, Child Development or a related field
- Minimum of 6 months experience working with young children under 6 years of age, preferably with 0-4 year old children, in any setting
- A passion for working with children
- Strong interpersonal skills to gain trust and respect of children and their families
- A team player attitude
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to work outdoors for at least 2 hours daily year-round; may be exposed to heat, humidity or cold
- Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Current Criminal & Background checks
- Current First Aid and infant child CPR certification
- Current immunization and health assessment as per the local Department of Health Requirements
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Full time, competitive salary ($50,000)
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, etc.)
- Paid time off
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until we find the right candidates.
Last date to Apply: Rolling until position is filled
Start Date: TBD